Amy is the founder of Little Tree and has been a nurse midwife since 1995. She has practiced in many settings including a free standing birth center, a small community hospital and large academic hospitals. She has started two practices and been clinical lead in two practices. In each setting, Amy has sought out opportunities to teach – students and patients alike.
Little Tree is the culmination of what she has learned; in her work as a midwife and teacher, as well as on her journey of life – as a woman, wife, sister, daughter, mother and friend. Through these work and life experiences, Amy has honed the ability to connect with people deeply, supporting them on a journey of growth. At Little Tree she has created a space where people can engage in their growth in partnership with a compassionate, connected clinician and teacher.
Amy has knowledge and experience with western medicine as well as alternative approaches. In 2019, Amy began teaching Bowspring, a mind/body practice she had been studying and practicing for 4 years. In 2021 Amy became Certified in the Bowspring Alignment through Global Bowspring.
- University of Colorado Health Sciences Center – Bachelor and Master of Science in Nursing. 1991 and 1995
Recent Continuing Education
- Bowspring: 10-week Essential Training Course. Tint Yoga Online. February 2020.
- Bowspring Workshop. Global Bowspring. Chicago, IL. October 2019
- Leading with Emotional Intelligence. Colorado Center for Nursing Excellence. August 2019
- Conscientious Eating: Mental Health, Inflammation and the Aging Brain. Presented by Deanna Minich PhD. Institute for Brain Potential. Denver, Colorado 2019
- Acubirth. Online Course. 2018
- Aviva Romm Women’s Health Herbal Course. Online Course. In process
Recent Clinical Experience
- Little Tree Midwife. Denver. Outpatient care and labor support. Metro Denver Hospitals. 2018 – Present
- Clinical Instructor. Regis University. Metro Denver Hospitals. 2015-Present
- Denver Health Labor & Delivery. Denver, CO. Summer 2019
- Center for Midwifery at University of Colorado. Denver, CO. 2017-2018
- Baby + Co Birth Center. Wheat Ridge, CO. 2015-2017
- Assistant Professor. Regis University, Loretto Heights School of Nursing. Denver, CO 2020-Present.
- Affiliate Faculty. Regis University, RN and FNP students. Denver, CO. 2006-2020.
- Clinical Instructor. University of Colorado College of Nursing, CNM students. Aurora, CO. 2017-2018.
- Teacher Training Program. Enki Education. 2004-2008
- Associate Director. Enki Education. 2013 – present
- Affiliate Faculty of the Year. Regis University, School of Nursing. Denver, CO. 2019
- Preceptor of the Year. American College of Nurse Midwives. 2019
- Self Care for the Midwife. Colorado Midwives Association. Castle Rock, CO. 2019.
- Women’s Health Experts Panel. New Moon Rising Event. Denver, CO. 2018.